Fire and Legal Responsibilities
- The occupant load capacity of 120 persons must not be exceeded.
- Fire exit doors must not be blocked off.
- Smoking is not permitted in the hall.
- If food is being served a temporary food permit may be needed. It is obtained from the Fraser Health Authority. Submit a Temporary Food Premises Application at least 14 days before the event. A permit is not needed if it is a private family event or a caterer is hired. Must have a Food Safe certificate and apply at least 3 weeks prior to event to obtain a temporary food permit.
- Special Event insurance must be purchased – see www.palcanada.com or www.premiermarine.com for information on event insurance (proof of insurance is required for all rentals).
- If liquor is being served:
- A liquor license must be obtained and posted prior to the serving of liquor – see Special Occasion License
- Party Alcohol Liability Insurance is required (an add-on to the event insurance)
House Keeping Expectations
- Decorations to be put up with masking tape only.
- No confetti, rice or similar is allowed in the hall.
- All guests must leave the premises no later than 12:30am.
- Clean up must be completed by 1:30am. Failure to adequately clean the facility before you leave will result in a deduction from your damage deposit for cleaning services.
- Equipment and supplies are available at the hall to assist you with the cleaning which is to include the following:
- Sweep wooden floors and damp mop areas where spills have occurred.
- Oven, stove, fridge and sinks must be cleaned after use and all counter tops wiped.
- Wipe down and return tables and chairs to original storage areas.
- All garbage must be taken away.
- Bathroom areas must be checked and exceptional messes cleaned.
- All decorations and tape must be completely removed after event.
- Cigarette butts in outside smoking areas must be cleaned up.
- Litter in parking area must be picked up.
- No equipment, liquor or food can be left in hall after rental.
- Please ensure heating and all lights are turned off and doors are locked when leaving the building.
- Tynehead Community Association will not be responsible for articles lost, damaged or stolen.